You may or may not be familiar with the amazing benefits of consuming wheatgrass. Whether you are familiar or just reading about it for the first time, I hope you come away with something you didn’t know and hopefully are inspired to run to the nearest bar (juice bar that is) and order up a shot!
There are a few people I know who’ve undergone complete diet and lifestyle changes as well as rigorous chemotherapy to fight the cancer in their body. All instances, although different types of cancer varying at severity and diagnosis, were recommended to take wheatgrass shots twice daily.
I don’t know what it is exactly and I wouldn’t feel so passionate about spreading the word if I it wasn’t for the affects I felt personally. It is very simple. The days I take a shot of wheatgrass I have more energy and feel focused and the days I don’t, I don’t.
I give fair warning though, wheatgrass takes some getting used to as it does taste similar to what I imagine lawn clippings taste like, and it can make you feel nauseous if taken on an empty stomach until you get used to it. BUT you may forget the cons once you read through this list of pros.
Top 10 Benefits of Wheatgrass
- Boosts Immunity-strengthens the body’s internal defenses and repairs DNA
- Detoxes-rids the body of pollutants and contains anti-cancer agents
- Energy shot-minimizes fatigue by stimulating bodily functions, increased blood flow and optimal performance of all major organs
- Adds luster-stimulates hair growth and enhances luster in your locks
- Blood flow-adds oxygen to blood which slows cell degeneration
- Nutrient punch-1 oz. of wheatgrass is the equivalent of eating 2.5 lbs of leafy green veggies
- Improves digestion-helps with elimination of food and repairs digestive tract
- Organ repair-stimulates and repairs the liver, heart, intestines, lungs and reproductive organs
- Accelerates healing-aides in rapid repair of cuts and bruises by increase in blood flow to the area
- Clarity-increases mental clarity and calms nerves by the addition of amino acids
There’s so much to say about the wonders of this pint sized shot but it’s not going to make an impact until you go out and try it yourself.
Try it, be consistent and see what differences you feel!
Bottoms up and cheers to a healthy holiday season!