I’m not sure when I started, although I’m confident to say I’ve been doing it for at least two years. A shot of vinegar in my morning lemon water and dousing veggies or salad with the tangy goodness any chance I get.
Vinegar can be an acquired taste and something you need to get used to (especially if you are not familiar with it’s assertive flavor) but I urge you to get on board…like now.
Browse Pinterest, Google, or ask any relative and you are sure to find home remedies and claims of its intense healing or cleaning powers.
Personally, I began to use it because I read somewhere it fights inflammation. I continued to have it in my daily water and put it on most everything after I researched the benefits further.
No need for you to do that because as always I made it simple and am giving you the best ones I found, straight up no chaser.
Top 5 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Nutrient absorption-acetic acid in apple cider vinegar can increase your body’s absorption of minerals and nutrients in the foods you eat
- Heals heartburn & acid reflux-drinking 1 TBL of apple cider vinegar daily can help improve the acid content in your stomach
- Stabilizes blood sugar-known for its anti-glycemic properties which support healthy blood sugar levels, ACV also blocks some of the digestion of starch which prevents your blood sugar levels to raise
- Antioxidants-this power liquid contains loads of antioxidants including catechin, gallic acid, caffeic and chlorogenic acids to help fight oxidation in the body
- Weight loss-apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which is magical, this acid helps suppress appetite, increase metabolism and reduce water retention (we could all do with a little help the natural way!)
I suggest incorporating ACV into your daily routine to reap the most benefits. Start small if you are not used to the taste by adding it to water with lemon and honey/agave. I drink mine first thing in the morning with room temp water, juice of ½ a lemon, dash of turmeric (LOVE this miracle spice for so many reasons!). Make sure it’s raw and unfiltered (I like the Braggs brand) and don’t go too much too fast, the purpose is to make it part of your daily routine and something doable that you are likely to stick with.
I’ve also heard of people using it for a wide variety of things including weed killer, disinfectant and a brightening agent. The only other way I have used it is as a salad dressing or pickling veggies (love to pickle veggies!).
What sort of things do you like to do with vinegar? Have you heard creative uses?
Hope you are having a great week 🙂