Happy Wellness Wednesday friends! I am bummed that I have to forgo two posts this week but I’ve been having a designer help with a site rebuild and there are technical difficulties (which they can explain better I’m sure) and it’s making the blog a little wacky in the process.
I hope to be up and running in a few days, fingers crossed it’s not even that long because I miss posting already!
In the meantime I will leave you with some simply fit reminders to use as needed throughout your week 🙂
- Keep hydrated-proper hydration is not only important to restore any fluids lost during exercise or sweating in the summer sun, but it helps regulate body temp and heart rate. Two things we need for not only our walking around health but for getting the most out of our exercise sessions.
- Eat post workout-it’s important to eat within 30 minutes of working out (preferably a combo of carbs and protein) to contribute to muscle growth and repair. If you work so hard to find time to fit it in, make sure it counts by fueling your body properly!
- Make it fun-if you’re killing yourself day after day doing a bootcamp workout that brings zero joy and makes you gawk at the idea of working out you aren’t likely going to continue it AND you are adding unnecessary stress to your life. Instead find things you consider fun and enjoyable that you will not only look forward to doing, but will likely stick with for the long haul.
- Stretch it out-don’t forget to stretch! It’s SO important to stretch post workout, if you skip it not only are you setting yourself up for possible injury but you are shortening your muscles and not getting oxygen and blood flow to areas you need it the most. So even if it’s for 5 minutes, take the time and cool down and stretch.
- Eat the doughnut-don’t label foods as good or bad or off limits because then you are likely to binge and create an unhealthy relationship with food. If the store bought doughnuts someone brought to work look tempting (even if they’ve been sitting in the break room for three days) then think about what will fill that void, if it’s the stale doughnut, eat it. If it’s a handmade doughnut from your local coffee shop, take a walk there the following morning and sit down and enjoy every bite!
- Takeaway-life is about simple choices that all add up to the type of life we want to live. Every day we are faced with these small decisions that may not seem like much in the moment but will mean something in the long run.
Thanks for being patient with the posting schedule this week and looking forward to the new revamp and fun topics we have coming up on MSF.
Enjoy the rest of your week!