Happy Friday! I am going to stay true to the brand and keep this post short and SIMPLE. Even though summer is in full swing I know there’s most of us still looking for a short cut or two that will give us a little more confidence in our swimsuit. There’s always room for improvement, right?
I figured a quick run down on some of my favorite tried and true moves to slim those lower abs (aka the pooch) and obliques (aka muffin top) would be beneficial for most, especially this time of year.
I am on my way to the airport for a much needed escape with my girlfriends so I will lay out the moves and be on my way!
MSF 5 Best Crunches for Summer Abs
- Froggie– in tabletop position (legs bent at 90 degrees and hands behind head), glue heels together and toes apart in frog style position. Straighten legs as you lower legs and bend knees to meet elbows as you crunch up. Repeat 30x.
- Criss cross– laying flat on the ground with legs straight up to the ceiling, lift up into a chest lift with hands behind head and criss cross straight legs over each other as you lower to 45 degrees, then criss cross as you raise back to 90 degrees. Repeat 25x.
- Leg lowers– laying flat on the ground with legs straight up to the ceiling, point toes and keep legs glued together as you lift into a chest lift, slowly lower legs and flex toes towards your face, stop at 45 degrees and point toes as you lift back to 90 degrees. Repeat 25x.
- Boat pose– laying flat on the ground with straight arms overhead and straight legs lift into a V position, balancing on your sit bones. Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat 10x.
- Twisted plank– in straight plank (hands or forearms) twist right knee to meet left elbow, place foot back down and repeat other side. Repeat 30x.
Have a wonderful weekend friends!